The C.I.Agent® Hydro Sheen Filter is the ideal filtration device for polishing sheen from indoor or outdoor wastewater discharge operations of portable secondary containment, spill berms, spill pallets and more.
The state-of-the-art Hydro Sheen Filter is a portable secondary containment solution that utilizes the technology of C.I.Agent® Agent-Q (US Patent 8,986,822), a high-strength, lightweight hydrophilic spunbond, non-woven fabric with C.I.Agent® Oil Solidifying Polymers embedded between quilted layers. Wastewater flows freely through the filter while capturing light to heavy sheen. During the filtration process, a C.I.Agent® Hydrocarbon Detection Strip is placed against the skin of the outer skin of the filter. The strip will turn a darker color when the filter is spent and needs to be changed. A zinc strip is placed on the filter to prevent growth of algae and mold. The Hydro Sheen Filter can be installed easily over threaded or non-threaded outlet pipe. The accompanying pre-filter fits nicely onto the inside discharge drain.
The C.I.Agent® Hydro Sheen Filter safely allows wastewater to be processed and released from portable secondary oil containment systems and spill berms while capturing light to heavy sheen. Can be used anywhere wastewater has to be processed; construction sites, industrial sites, warehouses, coal mines, marinas, etc.
- The flow rate for a 2” x 12” filter with twelve inch water head in vertical position is 11.29 gpm or 677.4 gph
- The flow rate for a 2” x 12” filter with 12 inch water head in horizontal position is 7.91 gpm or 474.6 gph
- Heavy-duty, flexible, chemical resistant urethane collars for quick and easy installation
- Exterior of filter is highly visible UV resistant coated mesh that is abrasion resistant, anti-fungal and mildew, flame retardant, Phthalate-free, antimicrobial and has a high tensile strength
- Filter medium is C.I.Agent® Agent-Q (US Patent 8,986,822). Filter contains about 120 grams of C.I.Agent® Oil Solidifying Polymers
- Agent-Q will solidify hydrocarbons in temperatures ranging from -30 to 130° F
- Technical Information
The Hydro Sheen Filter is easy to install on any 2” PVC release valve, and needs no Teflon® tape or stripping pipe threads. Not dependent on water pressure, it is gravity fed and can function with as low as two inches of water head pressure. The pre-filter helps keep debris and sediment out of the filter for a longer life. The filter is environmentally friendly and can be disposed of in most landfills (always check local, state and federal regulations).