With over 10,000 installs, our Secondary Containment Solutions have become the accepted full oil containment solution for SPCC compliant Secondary Containment by professional engineers across the nation.
C.I.Agent® Oil Filtration Wall is a proven Full Secondary Containment Solution for sites with impervious subsoils such as clay. It is designed to allow the flow of nuisance water during normal rainfall and snow melt events, but becomes an oil containment barrier to prevent hydrocarbon migration in the event of an oil release. This system relies on gravity (head pressure).
The Oil Filtration Wall hydrocarbon stopping power is provided by C.I.Agent Solidifying Polymers and the unique combination of materials and construction processes. It is installed in a vertical position in a to-grade or dike application.
C.I.Agent Oil Filtration Wall meets or exceeds the requirements of Secondary Containment for EPA SPCC 40 CFR 112.7, U.S.D.A. Bulletin 1724E-302, Chapter 3-3.2.2 and 3.2.3, and IEEE Std. 980.
We are so confident in the performance of our C.I.Agent® Oil Filtration Wall Secondary Containment Solution that we back it with a $7 million Pollution and Product Liability insurance.
- SPCC compliant Secondary Containment as stated in CFR 40 122.7
- Oil Containment for Pad-mounted transformers in substations, solar and wind farms
- Oil-filled equipment storage areas
- Bulk fuel and oil storage areas
- Can be used with a liner
- Estimated flow rate of 3-5 GMP per ft2 material with one foot head pressure
- Hydrocarbon flow rate of 0 GPM for 110% oil spill containment
- Solidifies approximately a half gallon of oil per ft2 depending on oil type, viscosity, and temperature
- Service life of installed product: the life of the equipment it protects
- UV resistance of 70% (typically covered with clean, washed stone)
- Oxidation resistance of 80%
- Contains 12 to 16 oz. of loose C.I.Agent® Solidifying Polymers per ft2
- Meets the requirements of Secondary Containment for EPA SPCC 40 CFR 112.7, U.S.D.A. Bulletin 1724E-302, Chapter 3-3.2.2 and 3.2.3, and IEEE Std. 980.
- Custom designed to site specifics and PE approved for full secondary containment
- Easy to install to grade or dike; usually in one day with equipment fully energized
- No special tools needed
- Little or no maintenance required depending on type of install
- Eliminates the need of concrete walls, sump pumps, oil-water separators, pits, manual valves, and hydrocarbon detectors
- The C.I.Agent Oil Filtration Wall Secondary Containment Solution is backed with a $7 million Pollution and Product Liability insurance policy
- Oil Filtration Wall Brochure / Application Sheet
- Barrier Boom (Previous Name) Application Sheet
- Installation Manual
- Engineering Specs and Drawing for Geosynthetic Oil Filtration Wall
- Containment Capacity for Geomembrane Systems Calculator
- C.I.Agent Safety Data Sheet
- Geotextile-NW12 Product Data Sheet
- Oil Filtration Wall and Geomembrane Liner Design FAQ
- Performance Specs
- Technical Information
C.I.Agent Oil Filtration Wall Secondary Containment Systems are manufactured in Louisville, KY to site specific specifications. Our systems are never “off the shelf”.
Central Electric Coop
NiSource 120th Street